Friday, July 17, 2009

The Carnival




Pam, Sarah and I took Olivia to the carnival the other night. It was really amazing to see the smile on Olivia's face, she was so happy.

She got on all the rides, and even a few that aren't really for kids. By far, the scrambler was her favorite. She just laughed the whole time and at one point I could tell she wanted to throw up, but the smile never left her face. She rode her first roller coaster and she did it all by herself. She really has no fear, none at all. At one point during the night she spotted the bounce house so we walked over to it so she could jump for a few minutes. Now anyone that knows Olivia knows that she is tiny for her age. Well, the height requirement for the bounce house (and every other kiddie ride) was 35 inches. Olivia falls about 2 inches short of that and wouldnt you know it, the kid was allowed to get on the scrambler for god's sake, but the guy running the bounce house wouldn't let her jump. I couldn't believe it. She was so upset.

While I was riding one of the adult rides Pam took her over to play games and won her 3 fish! When we asked her what she wanted to name them, Olivia demanded one was named Jermaine. Now we have 3 fish. Jermaine, Michael and Tito. We're thinking of going back to get 2 more so we can complete the group.

Sarah sent me the pictures today and the one of her on the roller coaster truly make my heart swell. She was so brave. I can't believe how big she is getting. I definately want to make sure we do more stuff like this more often. We didn't get home until 11pm on a work night, but I think her and I both agree it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment